The Barossa Improved Grazing Group Inc (BIGG) is a community-driven network of livestock production and farming groups from the Barossa and surrounding areas. We extend as far as Kapunda and Eudunda to Sedan and Mt Pleasant.
BIGG is seeking support from sponsors who would like to partner with us. Sponsorship of BIGG is open to all businesses, relevant bodies or groups who are involved or would like exposure to the agricultural industry and local community.
Partnering with BIGG will afford your business:
- Networking and building relationships with local producers, researchers, and service providers
- Local intelligence / better informed
- Connectivity to a local leading edge, successful producer group of over 300 members
- Access to local trial results
- Demonstration of your business’s visual support of BIGG
- Contribution to the viable Barossa and surrounding regional community
- Innovations and new ideas from your perspective can be injected
- Building regional human capacity and capability
What we do:
BIGG works in collaboration with state and national stakeholders to deliver projects that promote sustainable farming and enhance the productivity and Natural Resource Management (NRM) outcomes for landholders in the region. BIGG are a recognised and trusted organisation for both local landholders and state-wide producer groups.
In a seven-year period, BIGG has received funding to support over 20 agriculture and NRM projects. Our projects are driven by the producers from the ground up and are intrinsically connected with the needs and priorities of the community.
Current and recent projects include:
- Increasing ewe production using containment areas
- Improving on-farm water security
- Soil moisture monitoring (4 on-going sites)
- Recovery and management of native pastures after the 2014 Eden Valley Bushfire
- Livestock grazing management in vineyards
- Watercourse revegetation for erosion management
- Maximising pasture production in a variable climate
We keep in touch with members and sponsors using a variety of methods including:
- Monthly e-newsletters – 350+ producers, industry and stakeholders
- Annual conference – over 80 producers attend, held in February each year
- Workshops/pasture walks & field days – a minimum of 5 events per year attracting over 30 producers per event
- Webinars – over 100 producers nationwide register to attend
- Social media posts – 400 followers and growing
- Website – over 200 visits per month
BIGG’s vision is to be a trusted and valuable resource for the development of resilient landscapes and land managers via improved local farm grazing systems. With new projects in the pipeline and currently 350 subscribers (and growing), BIGG aims to extend its reach and impact in the future.
BIGG seeks support and sponsorship from organisations to assist in our communications (e-newsletter, web, rural media and webinars), maintain stakeholder engagement and connection with the community, implementation of our current strategic plan (FY 2019-21), and aid in the development of new projects and initiatives.
The following sponsorship options are available:
We are also happy to tailor a package to suit you- please enquire with Georgie!!
* Developed in association with BIGG on upcoming events
** Associate tickets available for additional members of the business available on application