The Koonunga Agricultural Bureau was formed in 1928 and currently has over 60 members. The Bureau holds monthly meetings that cover a wide range of topics across viticulture, broadacre cropping and livestock (sheep, beef and dairy).
In August 2013, the Bureau launched the Koonunga Sustainability and Biodiversity Project. This project has been implemented around Koonunga and its surrounding districts (Ebenezer, Moppa, Stockwell, St Kitts, Greenock and Kalimna) after it received the following grants in 2013 and 2014:
- Improving Soil Health in the Koonunga District (Caring for our Country);
- Koonunga and Surrounding Communities Engagement to Drive Land Management and Biodiversity Changes (Adelaide and Mt Lofty Ranges NRM Board);
- Improving Poor Soil Health in North Barossa Vineyards (Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources); and
- Koonunga Sustainable Landscape project (Adelaide and Mt Lofty Ranges NRM Board).
View the Summer 2014 Small Talk article on the Koonunga Ag Bureau’s sustainability and biodiversity project.
Monthly meetings are held on the first Wednesday of each month and visitors are most welcome. Please contact either the chairman or secretary if you are interested in attending
- Brett Nietschke- Chairman, mb 0432 804 389
- Matthew Hampel- Secretary, mb 0419 841 493
The topics for Koonunga bureaus monthly meetings in 2017-18 are here.