Pasture Update: Making dollars and sense from pastures and your farm business
August 25, 2015 @ 8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Nuriootpa Sports and Function Centre
13 Penrice Road
Nuriootpa SA 5355
$25, pay at the door
- Marcus and Shannon Sounness, MLA Challenge farmers, Amelup, WA: Role of daughter-in-law in the family farm and improving farm profit by turning off lambs at a lighter weight and focussing on kg meat/ha.
- Basil Doonan, Macquarie Franklin, Devonport, Tasmania: Farming and logical business decision making, focussing on profit drivers in a pasture based grazing system and the “myth” about getting big or getting out, and the relationship between farm size and profitability.
- Alan Humphries, Leader, National Lucerne breeding programme, SARDI, Waite Institute: New lucerne varieties and the place for lucerne on your
- Jeff Braun, Agrilink Consultants, Clare: Productivity of cereals and canola for grazing and grain.
- Cameron Allan, MLA: MLA feed base research update.
- Therese McBeath, CSIRO, Adelaide: MLA funded current research. Phosphorus efficiency in pastures. Where does all the P go?
- Leighton Pearce, Growing solutions, Berri: Using drones to assess and manage pastures, livestock and water supplies. Drones will be on display
- Facilitated session in small groups What piece of information will you take home from today and use at home? What further information will you require (if any)?
Date: Tuesday 25 August, 2015
Time: 8.30am for 8.55 am start. Finish 3.30pm
Venue: Nuriootpa Football Club, Nuriootpa Centennial Park, Penrice Road, Nuriootpa
Admission: $25 includes lunch and morning tea
RSVP: By Friday 21 August to Rebecca Barr ph 0402 788 526 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete the registration form
Further details: Brett Nietschke 0432 804 389 or Tim Prance 0427 812 655