Marginal to Mainstream
November 27, 2014 @ 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm
Natural Resources SA Murray-Darling Basin (SAMDB) is seeking graziers interested in being involved in the Marginal to Mainstream project, to attend a workshop at Keyneton on November 27.
The project will be conducted in grazing country in the SAMDB region with the aims of:
- Demonstrating feasible and repeatable methods of grazing and grassy understorey management.
- Assisting the farming community to implement positive change.
- Improving productivity and the natural resource base.
- Increasing soil stability, pastoral resilience and biodiversity.
The workshop will feature discussion on the constraints in maintaining and/or improving grasses (native or introduced pastures) on grazing properties within the region, and collectively decide:
- What is the biggest constraint to grassland management in the region (that can be addressed within the scope of the project)?
- What management tools could be implemented in the area? The workshop facilitators will present the options available, and provide advice on each option.
- Whose property/properties the demonstration sites will be set-up on.
- Brainstorm the demonstration site design and monitoring program.