Grasslands Soil Analysis Workshop
August 12, 2015 @ 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Keyneton SA 5353
Following the 2014 Eden Valley bushfire, BIGG has been investigating recovery of the native grasses, including collecting soil samples from 20 paddocks within the fireground.
Guest speaker Steve Richmond, from Landmark Jamestown, will discuss:
- The results of the soil survey,
- How to interpret soil results,
- Targets for each key soil nutrient, and
- How to rectify soil problems.
The workshop will include a paddock drive hosted by project leader Daniel Schuppan to:
- Assess dry matter on offer and feed quality,
- Assess ground cover, and
- Visit grasslands fertiliser demonstration sites.